Louisiana Valenzuela Sanchez, MD (Dr. V for short) is an Internationally recognized bariatric and metabolic surgeon practicing in Tijuana, Mexico. Dr. V has training as a trauma, bariatric, and general surgery.
Dr. Louisiana Valenzuela also has dedicated her profession to bariatric and metabolic surgery. She has been performing weight-loss surgeries since 2009. She was trained by Dr. Juan Corvala (a World Recognized Leader in Bariatric Surgery).
Dr. Valenzuela has performed thousands of bariatric surgeries including gastric sleeve, gastric bypass and all types of revision surgeries. Dr. Valenzuela has undergone four years of general surgery specialization at the prestigious Hospital General de Occidente in Guadalajara, Mexico.
Dr. Valenzuela is very familiar with weight loss surgery as she, herself is a patient and has gone through bariatric surgery. Dr. V got her own gastric sleeve with one of MBC’s trusted experts in 2016. Dr. Valenzuela is on track losing weight and is very happy with the decision she made to change her life. She is now sharing this life-changing experience with her patients.
Dr. Valenzuela has expertise in all types of weight-loss surgeries including:
- Gastric Sleeve Surgery
- Gastric Balloon
- RNY Gastric Bypass
- Mini Bypass
- Gastric Sleeve Plication
- Duodenal Switch
- Revision Surgery
She has successfully performed over 4,000 surgeries. Dr. Valenzuela has been a presenter and host speaker to numerous conferences. She also has extensive knowledge of the nuances and differences of all bariatric surgeries.
She has a passion for helping people. She believes in bariatric surgery as a proven way for obese people to lose weight and start a healthy life. Dr. Louisiana Valenzuela helps patients with obesity-related diseases, such as diabetes type II, as well. Dr. Valenzuela operates in a full-service hospital in Tijuana, Mexico.
This new well-equipped hospital is conveniently located 25 minutes from San Diego airport. Dr. Louisiana Valenzuela has received excellent reviews and is recognized as one of the best overall bariatric surgeons in Mexico. If you’re looking for a competent surgeon with an excellent record, then contact us to further map out your options.
Education: Dr. Louisiana Valenzuela
- Medical Doctor: Universidad Autónoma de Baja California, Facultad de Medicina, campus Mexicali (1998-2002)
- Internship: Hospital Regional de Zona No 31 y 31 IMSS Mexicali B.C. México (2002-2003)
- Social Service: Centro de Salud Ejido Puebla, Mexicali B.C. México (2003-2004)
- Specialization in General Surgery: Hospital General de Occidente. Guadalajara, Jalisco. (2005-2009)
- Advanced Laparoscopy and Bariatric Surgery: HospitalAngeles Tijuana, HGR 1 IMSS Tijuana. (2009-2011)
- Medical Intern: IMSS H.G.R. No. 30 y 31 (2001-2002)
- General Surgeon: Hospital Regional de Tepatitlán, Jalisco (2008-2009)
- Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon: Hospital Guzmán, Tijuana Baja California (2009-2010)
- Emergency Room Surgeon: Hospital Angeles, Tijuana Baja California (2009-2010)
- Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon: IMSS Tijuana, Baja California (2010 – to date)
- Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon: Hospital General Regional, Tecate, Baja California (2010 – to date)
- Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon: Hospital Mi Doctor, Tijuana, Baja California (2012 – to date)
- American College of Surgeons: Assistant of the 94th Annual F.A.C.S. – 2008
- World Endoscopic Surgery Congress: Assistant – 2012
- Obesity and Metabolic Surgery Congress: Assistant – 2012
- Gastric Sleeve Course: Tijuana Hospital Angeles – 2010